Friday, November 25, 2005

44. 10 080 Minutes

Man, this has been a week.  I’m exhausted, and I just tried to take a nap, but between the sirens outside (what on earth is going on?!?!?) and my phone ringing constantly, I’ve had to give up on that.  

I don’t even know what to say about this week.  It’s just been a whole series of mini-events.  Like the event with the nude, developmentally-delayed preschooler and the toilet which I won’t get into here, but suffice it to say that it was unpleasant.  Or the event that involved my passport renewal and the upending of all my drawers and files onto the floor in search of a document that turned out to be in my car (my home hasn’t recovered from that really… it’s still a mess).  

And of course, I saw Rent – the title to this post is a nod to that actually.  I haven’t sobbed like that in a movie since… well, I’m not sure if I ever have.  Not polite, dignified public tears, but the gasping-choking sobbing that had me feeling embarrassed because I was in a room full of strangers.  Not that the movie was depressing, I actually found it very uplifting, but there was a sad part which I’m not going to tell you about because if you’ve seen it you can probably guess and if you haven’t seen it… well, you should.    

Oh, and today I found out I made it onto the radio!  Well, the fake radio, but still… GayChristian.net has a radio podcast every week, and I had called in a response to one of their questions and they used it on the show – if you want to listen to it, head to their GCN radio page and listen to the November 25, 2005 episode on being in the closet… I’m the only female voice, so I won’t be hard to spot… and you’ll learn my first name (gasp!).  

Anyway, that’s it.  I just wanted to post because I haven’t posted in a while and I thought I should.  I hope all of your weeks have been less ‘eventful’ than mine… unless it was full of awesome events in which case I’m happy for you.

3 Comments:

JJ said...

CK

"omnisexual"... heh. I think that is probably the best term for Maureen. Ex-straight? I doubt she would ever have classified herself as straight (that is, if she weren't fictional), so I don't think that label works. Bisexual? Possibly... but omnisexual seems somehow more accurate.

And Joanne was supposed to be butch? Uh... okay. I guess she had short hair and wore pants. If that's what makes a butch then most of my female friends are butch. Hollywood is funny.

Liadan said...

The live Broadway musical is ten million times better (though you have to go to New York City to see it). I saw it a few years ago and it was worth every penny I spent and minute I waited to get tickets and get in.

Maureen is generally accepted as a sort of bisexual stereotype, though I personally like that she sticks with Joanne in the end.

Liadan said...

(Unrelated to post: just thought i'd let you know that i moved LitG to lifeinthegaps.blogspot.com, since I use the former URL as a username elsewhere.)