Friday, December 23, 2005

50. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I thought I should blog at least once before Christmas.  Life has gotten a bit hectic recently, what with packing up my home, and packing for Korea, and Christmas shopping… and today I leave for Toronto to celebrate Christmas with my mom.  Always a good time (note: that was sarcasm).  As always, I am hoping for a peaceful and conflict-free holiday, but not banking on it.  Mom and I have been at each other’s throats for a while now (she is wanting me to promise to come back from Korea in 6 months for some rather unnecessary medical tests, and I am refusing to make such a promise because I believe it is ridiculous…), and so I really can’t see how she would not take advantage of my proximity to try and sway me to her side.

Anyway, enough about the unpleasantness… Christmas is such a wonderful time; I do love it (aside from family drama).  A time to remember that God became one of us.  It is really overwhelming when you think about it.  Which I inevitably do at some point over the Christmas holidays… I will suddenly realize what it is that we are celebrating and feel awestruck.  God Himself became flesh and dwelt among us… but more than that, He came as a helpless baby.  I can’t really wrap my head around it.   We hear it so often that for the most part we don’t pay attention, it’s a story we are so familiar with.  But it truly is amazing.  The incarnation… when I think about it, I am just so glad to be a Christian.  So happy to worship a God who would do such a thing.  

Well, that’s all I have to say.  I will try and blog at least once before I take off for Korea.  May your holidays be wonderful, and stress-free, and may Christ be real for you, may His presence overwhelm you, may you know His love for you this Christmas.  

Blessings!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and wanted to thank you for taking the time to work through these issues and to share your thoughts with the wider world.

What you have written is really helpful and sums up a lot of thoughts that I am trying to work out for myself. My story is different in someways but there is much cross over. What an encouragement to find someone who really wants to engage with the issues and work out what that means for every day life, despite how difficult that is. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that.

I hope all goes well over Christmas. Families can be a challenge, to say the least. I’ll pray for you.

Merry Christmas.

PS Sorry for being anonymous. I do exist in blog world but my blog is rather distant in content from all of this. I shall think of a way to come up with an identity!

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Merry Christmas JJ!!! :)

Liadan said...

Merry Christmas to thee as well!

Do you think your mom may simply want you to come home and is using the medical tests as a convenient pretext?

Eric said...

Merry Christmas my friend! You have been a gift to me! ((hugs))

Eric

Willie Hewes said...

Merry Christmas JJ and a happy new year.