Wednesday, September 10, 2008

128. Happiness

In celebration of the world not ending today, I thought I’d post some happy things… starting with this video of Ellen’s wedding footage which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.



In other lesbian wedding news, one of my best friends (and only remaining friend from high school) who has been with her girlfriend for at least 8 years is finally getting married. I have been waiting for this announcement for years – honestly, every time she called me, some part of me hoped it would be ‘the call’. Which meant that I actually guessed before she got the words out when ‘the call’ finally happened. And I cried and squealed like a girl. And then she told me that I am a co-maid-of-honour, which made me cry even more. Heh, just typing that out made me get all teary. The wedding won’t be until next summer, and it’s clear on the other side of the country, so I don’t know how many maid-of-honour type duties I can actually perform, but I will do my best.

Not much else going on in my life. I’m working, and working out, a little play now and then too – oooh, I just bought a new HD tv, which will be fun when I eventually get HD cable (right now, it’s just acting like a regular TV with a lot of potential). Work is good, life is good. And one of my best friends is getting married. I’m happy.

And the world didn’t get sucked into a black hole, so that’s good too.

3 Comments:

titration said...

Such a great find. I posted it too. :)
Congrats on being the maid of honor.

Anonymous said...

Cute video! I love Ellen!

Anonymous said...

Prophet Muhammad -pbuh- cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men. Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "The Messenger of Allaah cursed the man who wears women’s clothes and the woman who wears men’s clothes."

http://www.islamiclearningmaterials.com/