Friday, February 29, 2008

117. Brief but important

I keep mentioning Ellen, and for good reason. I do adore her. But this is not so much about that. This is a serious post. A young, openly gay boy was killed by a boy he asked to be his valentine.




Again, I think she has some very inciteful things to say about the gay jokes that are so rampant, even in our "tolerant" society.

Sometimes the world scares me.

Now I'm off to go hang with some preschoolers. They always make me feel better about the world.

7 Comments:

Duke said...

Peace be with you JJ as well as the reader. The time has come, the harvest is ripe.

I am here to bring judgment to the living and the dead. Pass this message on to all fellow believers.

The Faithful Witness

Liadan said...

Oh, I know. That made me sad.

Rachel said...

The world scares me too sometimes :/
You work with preschoolers? Me too :)

Michelle Galo said...

She speaks well.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I'm 20 and just beginning to deal with what may be bisexuality or homosexuality. I've always been a passionate christian so this is all very weird to me. I'm bookmarking your blog. Thanks for the thoughts.

Sam said...

Your blog is amazing. I'm a young Christian male and the fact that you're opening this up for the rest of us is really cool. I might just sit here and read your thoughts. I don't really know what I think about homosexuality, but I do know that we lack grace amongst what I think is xenophobia most of the time. Keep talking it out. It's good.

Alexandra said...

I was so proud of Ellen for making this statement.

I'm glad to have come across your blog!