Friday, March 23, 2007

92. Tagged...

...Okay, so I`ve been out of the world for a while... well, out of the blogosphere anyway. Backpacking will do that. For those of you who want to know, I´m in Salzburg as I write this. A beautiful city that makes me want to skip around like a novice who has been sent away from her convent to look after 7 children of a widowed sea captain with nothing but a silly hat, a small carpet bag and an empty guitar case.

In case you´re wondering, I went on the Sound of Music tour yesterday.

Anyway, I`ve been tagged by E of Paradoxy, and what I am supposed to do is share 5 of my favourite quotes on any topic. So, without further ado, I begin.

5. "Justice is better than crying!"
-Pastor C. from my church in Ottawa. His 5 year old son was crying his eyes out and Pastor C was trying to get him to stop and tell him what was wrong, and in order to convince him to stop crying he uncorked this gem, following it with something to the effect of "if you tell me what`s wrong, maybe we can find justice. If you keep crying, then there will only be crying." Sound advice, at any age.

4. "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
-Mark Twain. Fairly self explanatory.

3. "The heck do ya mean?"
-Jerry Lundegaard from the movie Fargo. Actually, I happily quote pretty much any line from that movie. This is just one of many great lines.

2. "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."
-Eric Liddel, from Chariots of Fire. Every time I watch this movie, both times this line is said I cry.

And my favourite quote (that I can think of off of the top of my head) is...
1. "I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it."
-Shug Avery from the movie The Color Purple... which, in case anyone is wondering, is my favourite movie, so it stands to reason that my favourite quote would come from there.


So, there you have it. Now, I think I`m supposed to tag people so... I chose Marauder,Wan2forgetmaseff, and Liadan.

Till next time!

3 Comments:

Eugene said...

Good choices.

Peterson Toscano said...

I love the Color Purple quote and had forgotten it. Thanks for bringing that back to me.

Salzburg, you lucky dog. That is a magical city. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and realized you are a "gay Christian". You might get mad a t me for telling you this but really it is not me who said it but God Almighty. God loves the sinner he hates the sin. In your life and in mine. To let you know I am a born again Child of God. I accepted Christ as my Savior five years ago when i realized that i was lost and was headed for hell. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins and to save me.
One of your statements said you are confused. The bible says that God hates sin, all sin. I am no better than you but God hates the sin of lesbianism. God clearly states in His Word that He made man in His image and made female for man. He made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. He made Eve for Adam to be his helpmeet. Read the KJV Romans 1: 18-29 . And this is supposed to be a link to something that might help you. Dont worry it is not mean but hopeful. http://www.sermonaudio.com/play.asp?ID=1030194049&sourceID=chapelhour. Another question is have you accepted Christ as your personal Savior? You can have eternal life by admitting to God that you are a sinner and ask for forgiveness and ask Christ to save you. Salvation is free to all those who just ask. "call upon the name of the Lord and thou shalt be saved" I did not mean to make you mad but I pray that if your truly are saved that God would set you free!