Friday, August 24, 2007

99. Preoccupied

Well, my loyal readers… if there are any of you left. I have, obviously, been not so much with the blogging lately. I’ve sort of been preoccupied. The medical issues I mentioned before have turned out to be a bit more serious than originally thought. Oh, still nothing life threatening, it’s just that in order to rectify the issue the surgery might involve a little more than what I was told before… I’m dancing around the issue, not really sure why, it’s not like it’s really private, but for some reason I don’t feel like putting it all out there on the internet. I hope you all don’t mind.

Anyway, I didn’t really realize how much it was bothering me until the other night when a woman I hardly know asked me if she could pray for me regarding this and I found myself quite suddenly sobbing in her living room. I’m not sure who was more surprised – this woman, who is quite nice, but with whom I’ve never had a conversation that lasted for more than maybe 3 minutes (and, incidentally, all of our previous conversations had revolved around her children who I often looked after… we’ve never once had a personal conversation), or me. I have been doing my best not to think about this whole thing, or really, anything at all serious… hence my avoidance of the blogging world – I haven’t even been reading other people’s blogs. But after leaking my emotions out in this woman’s home (and may I ask why crying has to involve so much fluid? It’s so undignified… ) I think I’m ready to venture back into the series of tubes that form out beloved internets. Unfortunately, I don’t really have much to share that is blog relevant, but at least I’ll be around.

Oh, and once again, I’ll ask for your prayers.

Thanks.

2 Comments:

titration said...

I am quite proud of you - stranger that you are - for risking vulnerability like that. Sending warm hearted comfort vibes/prayers your way!

JJ said...

I know what you mean, Just me... I felt proud when I read about your sending your letter. Such courage!

And thanks for the prayers and vibes... they are much appreciated.